Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the bluetooth tree

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Wed Jul 19 2023 - 23:00:14 EST

Hi Jakub,

On Wed, 19 Jul 2023 18:24:39 -0700 Jakub Kicinski <kuba@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Something weird. We did merge it, there was a sort-of-v2-called-v1:
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230627174314.67688-1-kuniyu@xxxxxxxxxx/
>
> Merged as https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/a9c49cc2f5b5

That is not the net-next tree in linux-next. I have always used
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net-next.git#main.

And the above commit is not in linux-next (yet?)

> Dunno how it's supposed to fix this particular issue, tho, on a closer
> look, as it still calls:
>
> scm_recv_unix() -> scm_pidfd_recv() -> pidfd_prepare()

Yeah, the bluetooth tree will need to change that after the above patch
is available to it.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell