Re: Misbehavior with setsockopt timeval structure with -fpack-struct enabled

From: Drew B.
Date: Wed Jul 19 2023 - 10:15:05 EST

Hi David!
Thanks for your answer. Just to feed my curiosity, why? Of course I could use:
#pragma pack(1, push)
#pragma pack(pop)
to pack only what is needed, but in the first place I was thinking about keeping as much free memory as possible (to make things optimized). And keep other things intact, but is it not a good practice placing -fpack-struct into compile-time params?

Kind regards,
Drew.