Re: Linux 6.5-rc2

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Tue Jul 18 2023 - 11:37:47 EST

On Sun, Jul 16, 2023 at 03:55:09PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> No surprises here: this thing looks very normal. The patch stats are
> about 60% drivers, with networking and gpu drivers being the bulk of
> it, but there's a little bit of everything in there: nvme, pin
> control, x86 platform drivers, HID, etc etc.
>
> Ignoring drivers, it's a mixed set of fixes all over: architectures
> (x86, powerpc, RISC-V, xtensa), some core networking (mainly
> netfilter), core kernel (tracing, scheduler), filesystems (erofs, smb
> client), and documentation and selftests.
>
> And some minor noise elsewhere.
>
> Full shortlog appended, but nothing in there looks particularly
> thrilling. Unless, of course, it happened to fix a bug that affected
> you.
>
> Or maybe you're the kind of person who finds CFI annotations and
> getting all the endbr64 annotations right to be endlessly fascinating.
> In which case you're having a really good Sunday.
>
> But please - don't think of this as "not very interesting", but more
> as a "this looks safe to test, and it's not like I have anything
> better to do".

All my tests are now passing.

Build results:
total: 157 pass: 157 fail: 0
Qemu test results:
total: 522 pass: 522 fail: 0

If I don't have anything better to do, I'll try to add mode boot and kunit
tests and try to find some that are failing. Other than that, I'll keep
testing, but only report until 6.5 if there are new failures (in other
words, the lack of reports in the next few weeks will be good news).

Guenter