Re: [v6 2/4] dt-bindings: hwmon: Add ASPEED TACH Control documentation

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Tue Jul 18 2023 - 02:45:46 EST

On 7/17/23 23:04, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:

[ ... ]

The first method involves passing the memory region from an MFD
driver, which was the

I have no clue how can you pass memory region
(Documentation/devicetree/bindings/reserved-memory/) from MFD and why
does it make sense here.

It is quite common for mfd drivers to pass regmap information to
child drivers. Child drivers typically call dev_get_regmap() with
the parent device as parameter. Granted, that is typically used
for spi or i2c devices, but I don't see why it would not work
here as well.

Then there s syscon, but I don't know if that works with overlapping
memory regions.

Guenter