Re: Add Silicom Platform Driver

From: Hans de Goede
Date: Wed Jul 12 2023 - 11:14:46 EST

Hi Henri,

On 6/30/23 22:35, Henry Shi wrote:
> Please review this patch.
>
> The Silicom platform (silicom-platform) Linux driver for Swisscom
> Business Box (Swisscom BB) as well as Cordoba family products is a
> software solution designed to facilitate the efficient management
> and control of devices through the integration of various Linux
> frameworks. This platform driver provides seamless support for
> device management via the Linux LED framework, GPIO framework,
> Hardware Monitoring (HWMON), and device attributes. The Silicom
> platform driver's compatibility with these Linux frameworks allows
> applications to access and control Cordoba family devices using
> existing software that is compatible with these frameworks. This
> compatibility simplifies the development process, reduces
> dependencies on proprietary solutions, and promotes
> interoperability with other Linux-based systems and software.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Henry Shi
> Silicom Ltd.
> Henrys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Henryshi2018@xxxxxxxxx

Thank you for the patch.

The Kconfig bits for this should be in drivers/platform/x86/Kconfig please move them there.

Please send a new version with that change with the contents of the patch actually in the body of the email so that we can quoute it while replying for review purposes.

Please use git send-email on the .patch file to submit the next version, e.g. :

git send-email Silicom-Platform-Driver.patch

Do NOT copy and paste the contents of the patch to your email client to send it, this will mangle the patch and make it unusable.

Once we have a submission with the patch content in the body of the email (with git send-email) then I'll try to make time to do a more thorough review.

Regards,

Hans