scripts/kernel-doc does not handle duplicate struct & function names (e.g., in amdgpu)

From: Randy Dunlap
Date: Tue Jul 11 2023 - 22:37:09 EST

[just documenting this for posterity or in case someone wants to fix it.]

In drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_vm.c, one can find both

struct amdgpu_vm_tlb_seq_cb {...};

and
static void amdgpu_vm_tlb_seq_cb(...)

Of course C has no problem with this, but kernel-doc reports:

drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_vm.c:833: WARNING: Duplicate C declaration, also defined at gpu/amdgpu/driver-core:115.

And of course, if the name of one of them is changed, kernel-doc is all happy...
not that I am suggesting that one of them should be changed.

I just want to make people aware of this. (or maybe people are already aware of this?)

--
~Randy