Re: 3 more broken Zaurii - SL-5600, A300, C700

From: Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2023 - 13:09:28 EST

On 10.07.23 18:55, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Jul 2023 06:36:32 +0200 Linux regression tracking (Thorsten
> Leemhuis) wrote:
>> To chime in here: I most agree, but FWIW, it broke more than a decade
>> ago in v3.0, so maybe this is better suited for net-next. But of course
>> that up to the -net maintainers.
>
> I'm surprised to see you suggest -next for a fix to a user reported bug.
> IMO it's very firmly net material.

Yes, yes, normally it would argue the other way around. :-D

But Linus a few times in one way or another argued that time is a factor
when it comes to regressions. Here for example:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/CAHk-=wis_qQy4oDNynNKi5b7Qhosmxtoj1jxo5wmB6SRUwQUBQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

But there are no "semantic changes that now mean that fixing the
regression could cause a _new_ regression" here I guess. And what he was
talking about there is quite different from this case as well (I vaguely
remember a better example, but I can't find it; whatever).

In the end this is one of issue where I don't care much. :-D

Ciao, Thorsten