Re: [GIT PULL] perf tools changes for v6.5: 2nd batch

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Jul 08 2023 - 15:16:35 EST

On Thu, 6 Jul 2023 at 21:26, Namhyung Kim <namhyung@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Linus,
>
> Please consider pulling more perf tool changes. These are remaining
> changes and fixes for this cycle. The last two fixes are relatively
> new but other changes have been sitting on -next for a number of days.

Hmm.

I htink there's some dependency problem in the perf tools build that
just caused a random build error for me:

util/expr-flex.c:214: error: unterminated #ifdef

that error went away on a re-build, and it's clearly nonsensical when
I look at that file, so it looks to me like somehow the parallel buld
used that file while it 3as being generated.

I don't see anything obviously wrong, and I've only seen this error
once. I've done the pull - I doubt it was introduced by the recent
changes - but I wanted to just mention that there seems to be some
problem in this area..

Am I the only one to have ever seen something like this?

Linus