Re: [GIT PULL] sh updates for v6.5

From: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
Date: Thu Jul 06 2023 - 11:24:11 EST

Hi Christoph!

On Thu, 2023-07-06 at 08:16 -0700, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> thanks for taking up the sh maintainership!

You're welcome.

> Any chance you could do an inventoy on which arch/sh/ platforms are
> currently working and maintained and which are just bitrot?
>
> sh still has a lot of platform specific code that feels іt is rotting,
> but some of that might just have been due to the lack of active
> maintainance.

I am slowly working towards getting everything back into shape. In particular,
there is a patch set by Yoshinori Sato to convert arch/sh to device tree which
I would like to eventually get upstreamed.

However, since I am still new to kernel development, it will certainly take
me a little more time until we're there. However, there is some interest
in the community such as the J-Core people and Artur Rojek, so there are people
who are willing to help me.

> Once platform that I'm particulary interested in is dreamcast, which has
> a rather oddball block driver (gdrom) and some very odd interaction with
> the dma-mapping code.

OK, thanks for the heads-up. I cannot comment on this yet, but I have a Dreamcast
myself which I can use for testing in this case.

Adrian

--
.''`. John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' : Debian Developer