Re: [GIT PULL] sh updates for v6.5

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Thu Jul 06 2023 - 11:08:09 EST

On Thu, 2023-07-06 at 07:01 -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
Perfect example why it is a bad idea to let build failures linger around.
The build failure fixed by this patch ...

How was that lingered around? Your patch was merged within less than a week.

The _build failure_ was lingering around, not my fix for it.

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz (1):
sh: j2: Use ioremap() to translate device tree address into kernel memory

Masahiro Yamada (4):
sh: Fix -Wmissing-include-dirs warnings for various platforms
sh: Move build rule for cchips/hd6446x/ to arch/sh/Kbuild
sh: Refactor header include path addition
sh: Remove compiler flag duplication

Sergey Shtylyov (1):
sh: Avoid using IRQ0 on SH3 and SH4

... was hiding boot failures with all my qemu emulations caused by
this patch.

But Sergey's patch had been in my for-next tree since June 11 [1].

The build failure was introduced into linux-next with commit 99b619b37ae1.
According to the commit log, that happened around June 9. Ever since then
all sh builds in linux-next failed.

Guenter