Re: qemu-x86_64 booting with 8.0.0 stil see int3: when running LTP tracing testing.

From: Richard Henderson
Date: Thu Jul 06 2023 - 02:13:18 EST

On 7/5/23 17:40, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
On Wed, Jul 05, 2023 at 06:36:43PM +0200, Richard Henderson wrote:
No, I thought it would be the fix for 8.0.0.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Am I right in thinking that tb_invalidate_phys_page() ought to be
called when the kernel self-modifies its text segment? If there's
some function that we expect to be called in this case then I can
instrument it.

All such go through notdirty_write(), which has a convenient tracepoint. Recall there are migration and vga dirty pages as well, which also go through here, so disabling vga if possible may help.

Code stuff should then go through tb_invalidate_phys_range_fast(), so not tb_invalidate_phys_page() at all.

r~