Re: [RFC 0/2] erofs: introduce bloom filter for xattr

From: Gao Xiang
Date: Tue Jul 04 2023 - 05:15:27 EST

On 2023/7/4 16:05, Alexander Larsson wrote:
On Tue, Jul 4, 2023 at 7:56 AM Jingbo Xu <jefflexu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

```
seed: 25bbe08f
bit 31: trusted.overlay.metacopy, user.overlay.metacopy,

seed: cc922efd
bit 3: trusted.overlay.opaque, user.overlay.opaque,

seed: cd478c17
bit 6: trusted.overlay.metacopy, user.overlay.metacopy,
```

Any other idea?

Any of these three is good to me. I don't have any ideas directly
related to this. However, semi-related, it would be really cool if
fuse supported the same approach for xattr lookup. I.e. if lookup
could add a bloom filter value as part of the inode data, then we
could avoid a kernel<->fusefs-d transition for negative xattrs
lookups.

I think we could just use a hardcoded magic number (e.g. 25bbe08f)
as a start first, since it seems already fulfill our requirement
and it's a compatible feature (and the implementation is also not
complex.) So I'm not quite worried about this.

Thanks,
Gao Xiang