Re: Fwd: After kernel 6.3.7 or 6.3.8 b43 driver fails

From: Sardonimous
Date: Mon Jul 03 2023 - 16:13:52 EST

On 7/3/23 12:35 PM, Larry Finger wrote:
Sorry that it took so long to get back to you.

For my ppc32, there is no regression. It took a while to learn the pio=1 and qos=0 are BOTH needed. That I do not understand, but with both set, the device works with kernel 6.4 and all earlier kernels that I tried. Fortunately, I did not need to do the entire bisection.

I am working on eliminating the warning that appears with qos=0, but it does not inhibit operations.

@Bagas Sanjaya: Please mark this "regression" as invalid.

Larry

I appreciate the time you've spent on this.  I did try 6.4 again (6.4.1 actually) and wlan0 did eventually come active.  When I tried this before, I probably got freaked by the number of WARNINGs when it wasn't connecting, but perhaps it was failing for some other reason.  I didn't realize they were only warnings.

$ uptime
 15:10:52 up 9 min,  3 users,  load average: 0.11, 0.92, 0.85

$ journalctl --boot | grep "WARNING.*__ieee80211_stop_queue+0xcc/0xe0"  | wc -l
111

Regards.