Re: [mm] 408579cd62: WARNING:suspicious_RCU_usage

From: Palmer Dabbelt
Date: Mon Jul 03 2023 - 14:11:40 EST

On Mon, 03 Jul 2023 10:46:55 PDT (-0700), Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Mon, 3 Jul 2023 at 10:34, Marc Zyngier <maz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Comparing with what we do on arm64, a less radical change would be to
move the IPI init after notify_cpu_starting(), which explicitly
enables RCU usage.

Ack, that looks right to me.

I don't see anything wrong with it and it's passing my tests, but we've got a handful of ways to boot so it's all a bit messy and I might be messing something.

I'm still catching up a bit as I took both days off this weekend. Hopefully just an oversight in a bigger rafactoring, but I'll give it another look.

Marc: are you going to send that as a patch?