Re: [GIT PULL] bcachefs

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Mon Jun 26 2023 - 21:14:24 EST

On 6/26/23 6:06?PM, Kent Overstreet wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 05:11:29PM -0600, Jens Axboe wrote:
>>> (Worth noting the bug causing the most test failures by a wide margin is
>>> actually an io_uring bug that causes random umount failures in shutdown
>>> tests. Would be great to get that looked at, it doesn't just affect
>>> bcachefs).
>>
>> Maybe if you had told someone about that it could get looked at?
>
> I'm more likely to report bugs to people who have a history of being
> responsive...

I maintain the code I put in the kernel, and generally respond to
everything, and most certainly bug reports.

>> What is the test case and what is going wrong?
>
> Example: https://evilpiepirate.org/~testdashboard/c/82973f03c0683f7ecebe14dfaa2c3c9989dd29fc/xfstests.generic.388/log.br
>
> I haven't personally seen it on xfs - Darrick knew something about it
> but he's on vacation. If I track down a reproducer on xfs I'll let you
> know.
>
> If you're wanting to dig into it on bcachefs, ktest is pretty easy to
> get going: https://evilpiepirate.org/git/ktest.git
>
> $ ~/ktest/root_image create
> # from your kernel tree:
> $ ~/ktest/build-test-kernel run -ILP ~/ktest/tests/bcachefs/xfstests.ktest/generic/388
>
> I have some debug code I can give you from when I was tracing it through
> the mount path, I still have to find or recreate the part that tracked
> it down to io_uring...

Doesn't reproduce for me with XFS. The above ktest doesn't work for me
either:

~/git/ktest/build-test-kernel run -ILP ~/git/ktest/tests/bcachefs/xfstests.ktest/generic/388
realpath: /home/axboe/git/ktest/tests/bcachefs/xfstests.ktest/generic/388: Not a directory
Error 1 at /home/axboe/git/ktest/build-test-kernel 262 from: ktest_test=$(realpath "$1"), exiting

and I suspect that should've been a space, but:

~/git/ktest/build-test-kernel run -ILP ~/git/ktest/tests/bcachefs/xfstests.ktest generic/388
Running test xfstests.ktest on m1max at /home/axboe/git/linux-block
No tests found
TEST FAILED

If I just run generic/388 with bcachefs formatted drives, I get xfstests
complaining as it tries to mount an XFS file system...

As a side note, I do get these when compiling:

fs/bcachefs/alloc_background.c: In function ‘bch2_check_alloc_info’:
fs/bcachefs/alloc_background.c:1526:1: warning: the frame size of 2640 bytes is larger than 2048 bytes [-Wframe-larger-than=]
1526 | }
| ^
fs/bcachefs/reflink.c: In function ‘bch2_remap_range’:
fs/bcachefs/reflink.c:388:1: warning: the frame size of 2352 bytes is larger than 2048 bytes [-Wframe-larger-than=]
388 | }

--
Jens Axboe