Re: [GIT PULL] Btrfs updates for 6.5

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Jun 26 2023 - 14:49:38 EST

On Mon, 26 Jun 2023 at 11:21, David Sterba <dsterba@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kdave/linux.git for-6.5

Ouch. I did this merge twice.

Your pull request only points to the branch. I didn't immediately
notice - my scripting only complains about non-kernel.org addresses -
but then after doing the merge I went "Hmm, I see no signature".

And then I noticed that you do have a for-6.5-tag that points to your
branch, you just didn't mention it in the pull request.

So then I re-did it all.

Can I ask you to be more careful in your pull request flow, and point
at the tag? I did notice eventually, and I'll go make my scripting
actually complain even about kernel.org pulls without signed tags so
that I'll notice earlier (and not just by mistake when I happen to
check later)

Linus