Duplicate unicode tables in smb/cifs/jfs

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Date: Sun Jun 25 2023 - 10:56:01 EST

Hi All,
I just tripped over three sets of duplicated unicode tables and
wondered if anyone had tried to rationalise them:

The pair of:
./fs/smb/server/uniupr.h
./fs/smb/client/cifs_uniupr.h

are identical except for formatting.

./fs/jfs/jfs_uniupr.c,
and I think this is the same with some change in variable name.

(I'm guessing the same thing is implemented in a bunch of
other places as well in a different way)

Would it make sense to swing fs/smb/server/uniupr.h up to
hmm, maybe fs/uniupr.h, remove any of the cifs_ prefixes
and then use the same include in all 3 places?

Maybe then later look at using some of the nls code?

Dave (who just tripped over this stuff)

/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert | Running GNU/Linux | Happy \
\ dave @ treblig.org | | In Hex /