Re: [linus:master] [page cache] 9425c591e0: vm-scalability.throughput -20.0% regression

From: Linux regression tracking #adding (Thorsten Leemhuis)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2023 - 08:37:07 EST

[I know this is mostly been dealt with already, but due to the immanent
release I'll add this to the tracking to make sure Linus becomes aware
of this]

[TLDR: I'm adding this report to the list of tracked Linux kernel
regressions; the text you find below is based on a few templates
paragraphs you might have encountered already in similar form.
See link in footer if these mails annoy you.]

On 21.06.23 09:19, kernel test robot wrote:

> kernel test robot noticed a -20.0% regression of vm-scalability.throughput on:
>

> commit: 9425c591e06a9ab27a145ba655fb50532cf0bcc9 ("page cache: fix page_cache_next/prev_miss off by one")
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git master
> [...]

Thanks for the report. To be sure the issue doesn't fall through the
cracks unnoticed, I'm adding it to regzbot, the Linux kernel regression
tracking bot:

#regzbot ^introduced 9425c591e06a
#regzbot title mm/page cache: performance regression (2 reverts pending)
#regzbot monitor:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230621212403.174710-1-mike.kravetz@xxxxxxxxxx/
#regzbot ignore-activity

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
That page also explains what to do if mails like this annoy you.