Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the bluetooth tree

From: Alexander Mikhalitsyn
Date: Fri Jun 23 2023 - 04:34:19 EST

On Fri, Jun 23, 2023 at 12:28 AM Von Dentz, Luiz
<luiz.von.dentz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Stephen, Alexander,

Dear friends,

> Looks like we have a similar problem as to:
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20230524081933.44dc8bea@xxxxxxxxxx/
>
> That said for unix socket it was decided to not allow it to be build as module, which is something I don't think we are willing to do for bluetooth, so we have to find a way to get around pidfd_prepare, which seems to be called due to the use of scm_recv (it is also used by netlink btw).

Ugh, yep. That's bad and we can't workaround it like we did for unix sockets.

Originally, Christian had objections against exporting the
pidfd_prepare function [1]

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230523-flechten-ortsschild-e5724ecc4ed0@brauner/

+cc Christian

Kind regards,