Re: [LTP] [linux-next:master] [scsi] eca2040972: ltp.ioprio_set03.fail

From: Petr Vorel
Date: Thu Jun 22 2023 - 03:33:07 EST

> On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 02:47:43PM +0200, Cyril Hrubis wrote:
> > Hi!

> > > LTP maintainers,

> > > Patches have been submitted to fix this issue. Were these patches applied ?

> > Looks like they are in, at least these two:

> > ioprio: use ioprio.h kernel header if it exists
> > ioprio: Use IOPRIO_PRIO_NUM to check prio range

> > And there does not seem to be anything ioprio related haning in the LTP
> > patchwork.

Hi Niklas,

> Hello Cyril, Petr, Damien,

> I just ran LTP master + linux-next and the test case passes for me.

> Although, note that even if you are using LTP master,
> the way that the LTP header:
> testcases/kernel/syscalls/ioprio/ioprio.h
> is written, you will need to run

> make headers_install
> with linux-next kernel source,

> before running
> make autotools && ./configure
> in LTP.

> Otherwise LTP will use the kernel uapi headers from your distro,
> which does not perform the new checks for the IOPRIO_PRIO_VALUE()
> macro. (It requires linux uapi headers from linux-next.)

Yes, it should do otherwise more tests would be often broken.

> Does the linux kernel test robot not run
> make headers_install
> before running
> make autotools && ./configure
> in LTP?

I guess that's the question for Damien (I and Cyril have nothing to do with
kernel test robot). I wonder myself.

> One option, although I'm not sure if we want this,
> is to change
> testcases/kernel/syscalls/ioprio/ioprio.h
> to do something like:

> #ifndef IOPRIO_BAD_VALUE
> # define IOPRIO_BAD_VALUE(val, max) ((val) < 0 || (val) >= (max))
> #endif

> such that LTP does not need to be compiled against the kernel uapi
> headers that match the running kernel.

> But... shouldn't the installed uapi headers match the running kernel?

Yes, whatever kernel version (stable, enterprise, mainline, linux-next, ...) is
being tested, the tester should make sure LTP is compiled against correct
headers.

Kind regards,
Petr