Re: [RFC 1/1] wifi: rtw88: Add support for the SDIO based RTL8723DS chipset

From: Heinrich Schuchardt
Date: Fri Jun 16 2023 - 00:57:55 EST

On 6/16/23 00:13, Martin Blumenstingl wrote:
Hello Heinrich,

On Thu, Jun 15, 2023 at 4:21 PM Heinrich Schuchardt
<heinrich.schuchardt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
On my Lichee RV Dock board this patch is enough to make The RTL8723DS
work. But unfortunately after running some time the driver crashes.
My impression is that the crash is not specific to my patch but must
be hidden in one of the existing functions it is invoking.

This seems to be related to not checking pkt_stat->pkt_len.

My kernel was built against v6.4-rc6.
As Larry has mentioned: support for the RTL8723DS chipset is in
wireless-next.git
You can find the whole series here: [0]

It seems you're missing at least "wifi: rtw88: sdio: Check the HISR
RX_REQUEST bit in rtw_sdio_rx_isr()" [1]
That patch should fix the exact issue that you described.

Thanks for your great work.

With the series on top of v6.4 my RISC-V LicheeRV Dock runs fine.

Best regards

Heinrich

[0] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-wireless/20230522202425.1827005-1-martin.blumenstingl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
[1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/wireless/wireless-next.git/commit/?id=e967229ead0e6c5047a1cfd5a0db58ceb930800b