Re: [RFC 1/1] wifi: rtw88: Add support for the SDIO based RTL8723DS chipset

From: Martin Blumenstingl
Date: Thu Jun 15 2023 - 18:14:21 EST

Hello Heinrich,

On Thu, Jun 15, 2023 at 4:21 PM Heinrich Schuchardt
<heinrich.schuchardt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> On my Lichee RV Dock board this patch is enough to make The RTL8723DS
> work. But unfortunately after running some time the driver crashes.
> My impression is that the crash is not specific to my patch but must
> be hidden in one of the existing functions it is invoking.
>
> This seems to be related to not checking pkt_stat->pkt_len.
>
> My kernel was built against v6.4-rc6.
As Larry has mentioned: support for the RTL8723DS chipset is in
wireless-next.git
You can find the whole series here: [0]

It seems you're missing at least "wifi: rtw88: sdio: Check the HISR
RX_REQUEST bit in rtw_sdio_rx_isr()" [1]
That patch should fix the exact issue that you described.

Best regards,
Martin

[0] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-wireless/20230522202425.1827005-1-martin.blumenstingl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
[1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/wireless/wireless-next.git/commit/?id=e967229ead0e6c5047a1cfd5a0db58ceb930800b