Re: printk.time causes rare kernel boot hangs

From: Alexandre Belloni
Date: Thu Jun 15 2023 - 03:41:33 EST

Hello,

On 14/06/2023 18:34:30+0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> FWIW attached is a test program that runs the qemu instances in
> parallel (up to 8 threads), which seems to be a quicker way to hit the
> problem for me. Even on Intel, with this test I can hit the bug in a
> few hundred iteration.

I'm just chiming in to say that we do hit the same issue on the Yocto
Project CI. We are using qemu 8.0.0 on Intel hardware and a 6.1 kernel.

I see that f31dcb152a3d0816e2f1deab4e64572336da197d hasn't been
backported so it may not be the culprit. However, this seems to have
started happening when we switched from 5.15 to 6.1.

Regards,

--
Alexandre Belloni, co-owner and COO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering