Re: Closing down the wireless trees for a summer break?

From: Johannes Berg
Date: Wed Jun 14 2023 - 05:56:26 EST

On Tue, 2023-06-13 at 19:51 -0700, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jun 2023 22:00:35 +0200 Johannes Berg wrote:

> > > Whatever's easiest :) It's probably a good idea for Kalle to write
> > > down all the local rules and customs and share those with us.
> >
> > While that's probably a good idea regardless, I'd think that patchwork
> > doesn't really matter that much - we'll have some catching up to do
> > anyway after the vacations, so looking through patchwork etc. would be
> > perfectly acceptable. Worst case we'd notice when a patch doesn't apply,
> > right? :)
>
> Right, I meant it more in terms of patch flow. Is looking at which
> drivers have a tree specified in MAINTAINERS enough to know what
> should be applied directly?

Oh, right. Not really sure how well that all is reflected in
MAINTAINERS.

So Gregory usually handles patches for iwlwifi, but he'll _also_ be on
vacation around a similar time frame.

Toke usually reviews patches for ath9k but then asks Kalle (via
assigning in patchwork) to apply them.

Felix usually picks up patches for mediatek drivers (unless specifically
asking Kalle for individual ones) and then sends a pull request.

For the stack (all the bits we have under net/) that's just on me,
normally.

I think that's it? But I guess Kalle will have more comments.

> > Wrt. ath9k patches I guess "delegate in patchwork" won't work anymore,
> > but "resend to netdev" or something perhaps?
>
> We can watch PW state and apply from linux-wireless, I reckon.
> That said I don't know how you use delegation :)

We have auto-delegation set up for this, except iwlwifi is on me right
now for the upstream, and I just delegate other incoming patches to
Gregory.

johannes