Re: [RFC v1 3/6] kunit: Add ability to filter attributes

From: Kees Cook
Date: Tue Jun 13 2023 - 16:27:02 EST

On Sat, Jun 10, 2023 at 12:51:46AM +0000, Rae Moar wrote:
> Add filtering of test attributes. Users can filter tests using a
> module_param_array called "filter". This functionality will be added to
> kunit.py in the next patch.
>
> The filters will be imputed in the format:
> "<attribute_name><operation><attribute_value>"
>
> Example: "speed>slow"
>
> Operations include: >, <, >=, <=, !=, and =. These operations do not need
> to act the same for every attribute.

How is the "default" filter specified? Is explicitly unfiltered? (i.e.
"slow" stuff will run by default?) Or should there be a default filter
of "speed<slow" for the memcpy conversion?

But yes, I'm a fan of this whole series! I would much prefer this to
having one-off CONFIGs for slow tests. :)

--
Kees Cook