Re: [ PATCH v2 3/3] ASoC: dt-bindings: Add support for Loongson audio card

From: Mark Brown
Date: Tue Jun 13 2023 - 09:55:08 EST

On Tue, Jun 13, 2023 at 01:46:41PM +0100, Conor Dooley wrote:

> So it is entirely a software construct? Why does it need a dt-binding
> then? Your commit message says the controller is present on the device!

A typical embedded (or power efficient laptop) audio design will consist
of multiple devices connected together (frequently via non-control
buses) together with system level passive components and plastics which
are also important to the audio configuration. A card binding describes
the interconections between the devices in the system and provides
identification information for the audio subsystem. This system level
audio integration is a physical thing that can be pointed at that
requires real software control.

Like I said before please look at the existing audio card bindings.