Question about reserved_regions w/ Intel IOMMU

From: Alexander Duyck
Date: Wed Jun 07 2023 - 18:41:14 EST

I am running into a DMA issue that appears to be a conflict between
ACS and IOMMU. As per the documentation I can find, the IOMMU is
supposed to create reserved regions for MSI and the memory window
behind the root port. However looking at reserved_regions I am not
seeing that. I only see the reservation for the MSI.

So for example with an enabled NIC and iommu enabled w/o passthru I am seeing:
# cat /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000\:83\:00.0/iommu_group/reserved_regions
0x00000000fee00000 0x00000000feefffff msi

Shouldn't there also be a memory window for the region behind the root
port to prevent any possible peer-to-peer access?