Re: [RFC] docs: process: Send patches 'To' maintainers and 'Cc' lists

From: Kalle Valo
Date: Tue Jun 06 2023 - 09:46:38 EST

Jakub Kicinski <kuba@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Mon, 05 Jun 2023 16:22:46 +0300 Kalle Valo wrote:
>> > Note that some maintainers process pull requests from patchwork, not
>> > from their mailbox, and prefer not to be aadressed in the To or CC
>> > headers. I don't know how widespread that is.
>>
>> FWIW I belong to this group and prefer not be in To or Cc, I'll always
>> check the patch from patchwork.
>
> Ah, I didn't realize this.

So no action needed for this, I'm sure I'm in a very small minority and
I can handle the mails with my filters just fine. Just wanted to comment
that such maintainers do exist.

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches