Re: Linux regressions report for mainline [2023-06-04]

From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab
Date: Sun Jun 04 2023 - 08:40:36 EST

Em Sun, 4 Jun 2023 12:13:57 +0000
"Regzbot (on behalf of Thorsten Leemhuis)" <regressions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Hi Linus. Nothing much to report for mainline, all business as usual. I
> had hoped Mauro would sent a pull with the media fixes, as they would
> contain one fix[1] for a bug that at least two people hit, but I guess
> it can wait another week.
>
> Ohh, and in case you care: the Logitech HID bug[3] from the 6.3 cycle
> was not really fixed[4] by commit 6199d23c91c or we dealt with two
> problems all the time (I guess it's the latter). But that will take a
> few days to sort out.
>
> [1] 14b4bd01f8e ("media: verisilicon: Additional fix for the crash when
> opening the driver")

We opted to use a different approach for the same bug [1]:
14b4bd01f8e5 ("media: verisilicon: Additional fix for the crash when opening the driver")

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-media/e674cfcb-6b1b-8052-7f29-e0e97bdda3be@xxxxxxxxx/T/

Patch is already at linux-next. I'm sending the pull request in
a few, together with other fixes.

I was planning to send this earlier, but I got sick and had to take
some days off to recover my health.

Regards,
Mauro