Re: kprobes and rcu_is_watching()

From: Ze Gao
Date: Tue May 23 2023 - 23:52:17 EST

Thanks Steven, I think we've come to a consensus on this.

The question here is whether bpf tracing fentry i.e.,
__bpf_prog_enter{_sleepable}
needs to check rcu_is_watching as well before using rcu related
calls. And Yonghong suggested making a change when there is
indeed some bad case occurring since it's rare the tracee is in the idle path.

Regards,
Ze