Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the amdgpu tree

From: Nick Desaulniers
Date: Mon May 22 2023 - 12:47:29 EST

On Mon, May 22, 2023 at 9:36 AM Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, May 22, 2023 at 12:29 PM Nick Desaulniers
> <ndesaulniers@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, May 22, 2023 at 05:15:57PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > After merging the amdgpu tree, today's linux-next build (arm allmodconfig
> > > clang-17) failed like this:
> > >
> > > drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_gart.c:146:54: error: format specifies type 'unsigned long long' but the argument has type 'dma_addr_t' (aka 'unsigned int') [-Werror,-Wformat]
> > >
> > > Caused by commit
> > >
> > > d020a29b6b58 ("drm/amdgpu: Allocate GART table in RAM for AMD APU")
> > >
> > > Reported by the kernelci.org bot.
> >
> > Alex,
> > This is the third report of linux-next being broken for clang due to the
> > AMDGPU tree.
> > 1. https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20230522171557.32027acf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
> > 2. https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20230522171145.38a8bd4d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
> > 3. https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20230522170031.5fb87a64@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
> >
> > Our CI is red as a result.
> > https://github.com/ClangBuiltLinux/continuous-integration2/actions/runs/5045716034/jobs/9053211936
> >
> > When will AMD start testing their kernels with Clang?
>
> We have clang as part of our CI system and have had it for a while.
> I'm not sure why it didn't catch these. Our CI clang builds are
> currently passing.

Can you verify that the driver configs are enabled for those builds?

Looking through my CI reports, it looks like allmodconfig/allyesconfig
is red from this tree for ARCH=x86_64 and ARCH=arm64.
Examples:
x86_64: https://github.com/ClangBuiltLinux/continuous-integration2/actions/runs/5045594636/jobs/9052932014
arm64: https://github.com/ClangBuiltLinux/continuous-integration2/actions/runs/5045594636/jobs/9052930995

--