Re: Probing nvme disks fails on Upstream kernels on powerpc Maxconfig

From: Srikar Dronamraju
Date: Mon May 22 2023 - 03:25:35 EST

* Alexey Kardashevskiy <aik@xxxxxxxxx> [2023-04-13 22:09:22]:

> > > Alexey, did you look into this? This is apparently caused by a commit of
> > > yours (see quoted part below) that Michael applied. Looks like it fell
> > > through the cracks from here, but maybe I'm missing something.
> >
> > Unfortunately Alexey is not working at IBM any more, so he won't have
> > access to any hardware to debug/test this.
> >
> > Srikar are you debugging this? If not we'll have to find someone else to
> > look at it.
>
> Has this been fixed and I missed cc:? Anyway, without the full log, I still
> see it is a huge guest so chances are the guest could not map all RAM so
> instead it uses the biggest possible DDW with 2M pages. If that's the case,
> this might help it:

Hi Alexey, Michael

Sorry for the late reply, but I didnt have access to this large system.
This weekend, I did get access and tested with the patch. However it didn't
help much, system is still stuck at dracut with similar message except the
trace.

However this patch
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20230418204401.13168-1-gbatra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
from Gaurav Batra does solve this issue.

--
Thanks and Regards
Srikar Dronamraju