Re: r8169: disable ASPM during NAPI poll locking changes --> BUG: Invalid wait context --> PREEMPT_RT pain

From: Mike Galbraith
Date: Sun May 21 2023 - 10:32:29 EST

On Sun, 2023-05-21 at 08:03 +0200, Mike Galbraith wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> The locks added to prep for $subject induce invalid context moaning due
> to not being raw locks, but if I do that, the hold time does very bad
> things to RT.

The locks aren't really 160us horrible. The GPU was enabled (oops),
nouveau then makes box horrible for RT (and graphics:). With GPU
turned back off, the largest trace I saw was 77us, which jibes pretty
well with new max of low to mid 50s without ftrace running, or up a tad
over 20us for this now pretty old commodity i7 desktop box.

-Mike