Re: A pass-through support for NFSv4 style ACL

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Wed May 17 2023 - 03:45:25 EST

On Wed, May 17, 2023 at 09:42:59AM +0200, Christian Brauner wrote:
> I have no idea about the original flame war that ended RichACLs in
> additition to having no clear clue what RichACLs are supposed to
> achieve. My current knowledge extends to "Christoph didn't like them".

Christoph certainly doesn't like Rich ACLs, as do many other people.

But the deal block was that the patchset:

- totally duplicated the VFS level ACL handling instead of having
a common object for Posix and the new ACLs
- did add even more mess to the already horrible xattr interface
instead of adding syscalls.