Re: mainline build failure due to cf21f328fcaf ("media: nxp: Add i.MX8 ISI driver")

From: Krzysztof Kozlowski
Date: Sun May 14 2023 - 06:59:51 EST

On 10/05/2023 10:05, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> And another CI job testing bisect breakages as I receive pull requests,
> applying patch per patch and using both allyesconfig and allmodconfig,
> also on x86_64 arch with W=1:
>
> https://builder.linuxtv.org/job/patchwork/
>
> The rule is to not merge stuff on media tree if any of those jobs
> fail. I also fast-forward merging patches whose subject states that
> the build has failed.
>
> In order to help with that, on normal situation, I usually take one week
> to merge stuff from media_stage into media_tree, doing rebases at
> media_stage if needed to avoid git bisect build breakages at media_tree
> (which is from where I send my update PRs to you).
>
> Unfortunately, currently we don't have resources to do multiple randconfig

Hi Mauro,

Is you media staging tree included in LKP (kernel test robot)? You would
get huge build coverage after every push to your staging repo.

Except of maintainer trees, it is also useful to add there development
trees. That way for 'free' I can get early warnings about all my patches.

Best regards,
Krzysztof