HP iLO (intel gen8, gen9) and intremap=off

From: Ian Kumlien
Date: Fri May 12 2023 - 16:30:16 EST

Hi,

On older intel HP servers, as in Gen8 and 9, there is a issue with
interrupt remapping and iLO.

I have been thinking of patching this, but haven't read up on the
quirks system enough... And it keeps hitting me in different ways.

So, if you boot with a ilo console (web) on a gen8 it will work, but
it will be REALLY slow. If you disconnect it and reconnect, iLO will
break (dmar errors).

While not good, itt's mainly just annoying...

However, on gen9, it can apparently cause memory thrashing for virtual
cds (as in attach storage via ilo).

I wasn't expecting it but I've been wondering why a gen9 machine
couldn't be installed all day - with issues like packages failing
signature checks when they are on the "local installation media"...

What kind of information would you need from me to workaround this?
PCI ids of iLOs?