Re: Debian package build from upstream source need git repo?? Failing...

From: Bhaskar Chowdhury
Date: Sat May 06 2023 - 21:04:54 EST

On 17:54 Sat 06 May 2023, Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Sat, May 6, 2023 at 3:47 PM Bhaskar Chowdhury <unixbhaskar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I can vividly remember that it was working fine few months back...in fact
building the 6.2.2 kernel. I am certainly missing the updated information of
change. The damn script just untar the tarball and build.

Yes, please just use git if you build packages.

We've been using git for almost 20 years now, it's become the most
widely used SCM in the world, it's time you just laid tar-balls to
rest as a way to distribute kernel sources.

Linus
Sure thing. Thanks for the heads up...will follow.
--
Thanks,
Bhaskar

"Here's looking at you kid"-- Casablanca
https://about.me/unixbhaskar