Re: [RFC v2 2/3] pinctrl: Implementation of the generic scmi-pinctrl driver

From: andy . shevchenko
Date: Fri May 05 2023 - 16:35:29 EST

Wed, Apr 26, 2023 at 01:26:37PM +0000, Oleksii Moisieiev kirjoitti:
> scmi-pinctrl driver implements pinctrl driver interface and using
> SCMI protocol to redirect messages from pinctrl subsystem SDK to
> SCP firmware, which does the changes in HW.
>
> This setup expects SCP firmware (or similar system, such as ATF)
> to be installed on the platform, which implements pinctrl driver
> for the specific platform.
>
> SCMI-Pinctrl driver should be configured from the device-tree and uses
> generic device-tree mappings for the configuration.

> +#include <linux/device.h>
> +#include <linux/err.h>

> +#include <linux/of.h>

I do not see any user of this header. Do you?

> +#include <linux/module.h>
> +#include <linux/seq_file.h>
> +
> +#include <linux/pinctrl/machine.h>
> +#include <linux/pinctrl/pinconf.h>
> +#include <linux/pinctrl/pinconf-generic.h>
> +#include <linux/pinctrl/pinctrl.h>
> +#include <linux/pinctrl/pinmux.h>

> +#include <linux/scmi_protocol.h>
> +#include <linux/slab.h>

Please, move these two to the upper group of the generic headers.

> +struct scmi_pinctrl_funcs {
> + unsigned int num_groups;
> + const char **groups;
> +};

Please, use struct pinfunction.

> +struct scmi_pinctrl {

> + struct scmi_pinctrl_funcs *functions;
> + unsigned int nr_functions;

> + char **groups;
> + unsigned int nr_groups;

I'm not sure what is the difference to what "functions" above represent.

> +};

> +static void pinctrl_scmi_pin_dbg_show(struct pinctrl_dev *pctldev,
> + struct seq_file *s,
> + unsigned int offset)
> +{
> + seq_puts(s, DRV_NAME);
> +}

What is the usefulness of this method?

> +static int pinctrl_scmi_pinconf_group_get(struct pinctrl_dev *pctldev,
> + unsigned int _pin,
> + unsigned long *config)
> +{
> + int ret;
> + struct scmi_pinctrl *pmx;
> + enum pin_config_param config_type;
> + unsigned long config_value;
> +
> + if (!pctldev)
> + return -EINVAL;
> +
> + pmx = pinctrl_dev_get_drvdata(pctldev);
> +
> + if (!pmx || !pmx->ph || !config)
> + return -EINVAL;
> +
> + config_type = pinconf_to_config_param(*config);
> +
> + ret = pinctrl_ops->get_config(pmx->ph, _pin, GROUP_TYPE,
> + config_type, (u32 *)&config_value);

Endianess issue. This is, while likely working code, still ugly.

> + if (ret)
> + return ret;
> +
> + *config = pinconf_to_config_packed(config_type, config_value);
> +
> + return 0;
> +}

> + err:

err_free.

> + kfree(pmx->pins);
> + pmx->nr_pins = 0;
> +
> + return ret;

> +static const struct scmi_device_id scmi_id_table[] = {
> + { SCMI_PROTOCOL_PINCTRL, "pinctrl" },

> + { },

No comma for the terminator entry.

> +};

> + pinctrl_ops = handle->devm_protocol_get(sdev, SCMI_PROTOCOL_PINCTRL,
> + &ph);

Can be on one line.

> + if (IS_ERR(pinctrl_ops))
> + return PTR_ERR(pinctrl_ops);

> + if (pmx->nr_functions) {
> + pmx->functions =
> + devm_kcalloc(&sdev->dev, pmx->nr_functions,
> + sizeof(*pmx->functions),
> + GFP_KERNEL);
> + if (!pmx->functions) {
> + ret = -ENOMEM;
> + goto clean;

Interleaving devm_*() with non-devm_*() in such order is not a good idea.

> + }
> + }
> +
> + if (pmx->nr_groups) {
> + pmx->groups =
> + devm_kcalloc(&sdev->dev, pmx->nr_groups,
> + sizeof(*pmx->groups),
> + GFP_KERNEL);
> + if (!pmx->groups) {
> + ret = -ENOMEM;