Re: fuse uring / wake_up on the same core

From: Bernd Schubert
Date: Fri May 05 2023 - 09:10:34 EST

On 5/4/23 04:16, Hillf Danton wrote:

>> + time_after(jiffies, p->seesaw_jiffies + 10),
>> + cpumask_test_cpu(cpu, p->cpus_ptr))
>> + return cpu;

Above is a big typo, I don't even see on the first glance how this
compiled at all.

This was supposed to be

if (p->seesaw_req && current->seesaw_proc &&
time_after(jiffies, p->seesaw_jiffies + 10) &&
cpumask_test_cpu(cpu, p->cpus_ptr))

Anyway, I now understand that the WF_TTWU flag is related to waitq - we
don't need the timeout at all. But then if the main issue is about waitq
migration, I don't understand yet why Andrei's WF_CURRENT_CPU is not
sufficient. I'm going to investigate that next. Probably much easier to
get that accepted that a rather fuse specific seesaw.

Thanks,
Bernd