Re: [BUILD] [FOUND WORKAROUND] Unable to sign drivers on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS desktop

From: Bagas Sanjaya
Date: Fri May 05 2023 - 08:45:45 EST

On 5/5/23 16:00, Mirsad Goran Todorovac wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There was no success in building 6.3+ with the Ubuntu generic config, but it has succeeded
> with the config derived from Debian one.
>
> Still, it would be interesting to find what is preventing the Ubuntu config from signing the
> kernel modules. Up to that point the build process is fine.

You will need to see Documentation/admin-guide/module-signing.rst.
Especially on "Generating signing keys", there are instructions on
generating your own signing key, because in most cases you don't
have access to signing keys from your distribution.

Anyway, when you have problems related to building kernel, always
Cc: linux-kbuild list.

Thanks.

--
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara