Re: Hang loading initrd since last Friday.

From: Ben Greear
Date: Wed May 03 2023 - 19:50:03 EST

On 5/2/23 21:46, Linux regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis) wrote:
On 03.05.23 04:31, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:
On Tue, May 02, 2023 at 02:03:33PM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:

Pulling today's upstream 6.3+ tree, my system now hangs loading initrd.

Just to understand this properly: you mean after the boot loader said it
loaded the initramfs, not when the kernel starts using it?

I am bisecting...it appears to be .config related. If I skip enabling things
during bisect, then I do not see the problem. But I copied my original buggy .config
into an otherwise good kernel commit, and now it fails. I'm manually bisecting
the .config settings....

Thanks,
Ben

Nothing useful is seen on
serial console after that. This was working late last week. Other older kernels boot OK, so
I think is is related to the kernel.

What is your setup (especially kernel config)?

Is v6.3 works for you? I haven't seen this regression on my computer
using v6.3.

Ben, you just to be sure might want to check if a kernel image that
currently works still boots if you regenerate its initramfs: maybe the
initramfs generator or something it uses changed recently and is causing
your problem. I've seen a case or two where that was the case.

I have not yet started bisect, curious if this is already know problem.
Certainly you should try bisection.

Yeah.

BTW: What kind of platform is this?

Ciao, Thorsten