Re: [GIT PULL] RISC-V Patches for the 6.4 Merge Window, Part 1

From: Palmer Dabbelt
Date: Sat Apr 29 2023 - 15:48:47 EST

On Fri, 28 Apr 2023 17:08:53 PDT (-0700), Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Fri, Apr 28, 2023 at 9:09 AM Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/riscv/linux.git tags/riscv-for-linus-6.4-mw1

Ugh, so this conflicted pretty nastily in arch/riscv/mm/init.c between commits

ef69d2559fe9 ("riscv: Move early dtb mapping into the fixmap region")
8589e346bbb6 ("riscv: Move the linear mapping creation in its own function")

and while I did try to make sense of it all, and generated what looks
like a sane resolution to me, I did *not* do some kind of build check,
much less can I test anything.

So.. Caveat emptor. I may or may not have gotten that conflict right,
and you should most definitely double-check it very carefully.

Thanks. I'm not sure why I didn't see that locally, it'd had shown up in linux-next but I'd figured something else was going on. I'll go take a look, the post-merge stuff is testing already on my end and nothing has failed yet.