Re: [GIT PULL] Driver core updates for 6.4-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Apr 28 2023 - 11:55:41 EST

On Thu, Apr 27, 2023 at 10:12 PM Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In the future, how do you want stuff like "when this is merged with that
> tree, something needs to be done" type of things to be pointed out?

Just having it pointed out is fine. I notice build errors on x86-64
myself, but other architectures get rather iffy. arm64 is the best of
the bunch, in that I *will* do the build test, it's just not as
timely.

If known merge issues get pointed out, I (a) know to look out for them
and (b) know that the trees involved actually were in linux-next and
people were paying attention.

It's usually not been a problem with your trees, particularly since
most of your stuff does build on x86. This whole CDX subsystem being
arm64-only is not great for build coverage.

Linus