Re: dwc3 gadget: controller stop times out on system sleep

From: Thinh Nguyen
Date: Wed Apr 26 2023 - 16:01:55 EST

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 26, 2023, Roger Quadros wrote:
> Hi Thinh,
>
> On Linux kernel v6.3
> Test procedure:
>
> - modprobe g_zero
> - Connect to PC host
> - systemctl suspend
>
> A large delay of 3 seconds is observed. The delay comes from dwc3_gadget_suspend()->dwc3_gadget_run_stop() waiting for DWC3_DSTS_DEVCTRLHLT to be set.
> It returns -ETIMEDOUT.
>
> Are we missing something to do a clean stop during suspend?
>
> FYI. Unloading g_zero does not show this delay on stop.
>
> cheers,
> -roger

When clearing run_stop bit and the controller doesn't halt, that usually
means there are active transfers/endpoints that aren't ended yet.

The dwc3_gadget_suspend() doesn't properly do all the cleanup before
clearing the run_stop bit. I think you just need to call
dwc3_gadget_soft_disconnect() in dwc3_gadget_suspend() to fix this.

Thanks,
Thinh