Re: [syzbot] upstream boot error: BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference in __dabt_svc

From: Miguel Ojeda
Date: Wed Apr 26 2023 - 06:30:47 EST

On Wed, Apr 26, 2023 at 12:12 PM Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In which of the dozens of kernel testing systems? ;)
> And also in heads of thousands of kernel developers and users?
> All of them use get_maintainer.pl.

I am aware, but `get_maintainer.pl` is fine as it is -- we still want
to know about things that touch things that mention Rust in general,
so that we can possibly be helpful to others, especially early on.

However, if a bot is testing the kernel with Rust actually disabled at
runtime, what I am saying is that the chance that it has something to
do with Rust is quite low, especially if matched via `K:` rather than
`F:`. Thus my request.

Now, it could be nice to have some logic like that in
`get_maintainer.pl` encoded for all bots to filter things out based on
the kernel config and the type of match; but otherwise, yes, the bots
would need to add the logic.

Cc'ing Joe in case this is already possible in `get_maintainer.pl` or
whether there could be a better approach.

Cheers,
Miguel