Re: [GIT PULL] asm-generic updates for 6.4

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Apr 25 2023 - 15:28:06 EST

On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 2:16 PM Arnd Bergmann <arnd@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> These are various cleanups, fixing a number of uapi header files to no
> longer reference CONFIG_* symbols, and one patch that introduces the
> new CONFIG_HAS_IOPORT symbol for architectures that provide working
> inb()/outb() macros

Strange. I was sure we had this, but you're right, we only had HAS_IOMEM.

And then we had that HAS_IOPORT_MAP which was kind of related.

Anyway, the new HAS_IOPORT looks like something we should always had
had, I have no complaints, I was just expressing surprise that it
wasn't already there ;)

Linus