[patch 00/20] posix-timers: Fixes and cleanups

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Tue Apr 25 2023 - 14:49:10 EST

Hi!

A recent syzcaller/KCSAN report about a data race and an actually broken
loop termination due to that race made me look deeper into the posix timer
code.

Aside of the loop termination issue this unearthed another issue in the
exit() path where timer deletion might livelock on RT enabled kernels.

While going through the code with a fine comb, I stumbled over another
place which needs READ/WRITE_ONCE() annotations, tons of outdated and/or
uncomprehensible comments and a bunch of silly code.

The series has therefore a larger set of cleanups on top of the two fixes.

It is based on

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git timers/core

and also availble from git:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tglx/devel.git timers/posix

Thanks,

tglx
---
include/linux/sched/signal.h | 2