Re: [GIT PULL] open: fix O_DIRECTORY | O_CREAT

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Apr 24 2023 - 17:12:10 EST

On Fri, Apr 21, 2023 at 7:03 AM Christian Brauner <brauner@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> EINVAL ist keinmal: This contains the changes to make O_DIRECTORY when
> specified together with O_CREAT an invalid request.

Ok, that intro makes little sense unless you speak German ;)

I cut the explanation down radically, it's there in the original
commit, I don't think we need quite this much detail for a merge
commit for a change that is ~10 lines of code and not _that_ complex.

I did keep this link:

> This has also been covered in
>
> https://lwn.net/Articles/926782/
>
> which should be publicly available by now. It provides an excellent
> summary of the discussion.

although it's behind a paywall, which isn't optimal.

Linus