Re: strings

From: Bagas Sanjaya
Date: Fri Apr 21 2023 - 00:22:54 EST

On Thu, Apr 20, 2023 at 03:58:47AM +0100, André Coelho wrote:
> greeting...if youre interessed in string algorihtm check
>
> https://andrealbergaria.github.io/

Looks like above link is about hex arithmetic implemented using strings,
right?

And the licensing is similar to Qt: it is opensource (GPLed), but there is
a commercial offering for proprietary projects.

Also, on what use cases can your idea fit the kernel context? Or doesn't the
kernel already have the implementation yet? Perhaps better implement as
userspace library? If it is the case, I'd like to see actual patch series
implementing your idea (see Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst for
how to submit your patch).

Thanks!

--
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara