Re: [RESEND v2 3/6] soc: starfive: Modify ioremap to regmap

From: Changhuang Liang
Date: Thu Apr 20 2023 - 02:04:30 EST

On 2023/4/20 1:29, Conor Dooley wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 18, 2023 at 08:56:43PM -0700, Changhuang Liang wrote:
>> Modify ioremap to regmap which can be compatible with the syscon
>> interface, such as:
>> struct regmap *syscon_node_to_regmap(struct device_node *np)
>> Convenient introduction of syscon operation.
>
> What's missing here is an explanation of *why* you are making this
> compatible with the syscon interface. Provided everything else is fine,
> I can fix this when applying the series.
>
> Thanks,
> Conor.

Add this patch just for using the same member(struct regmap *base) in patch 5.

Maybe I should replace syscon_node_to_regmap() with of_iomap() in patch 5.
So that patch 5 will use (void __iomem *base) member, and I also can drop
this patch 3 in this series.

struct regmap *syscon_node_to_regmap(struct device_node *np);
void __iomem *of_iomap(struct device_node *node, int index);